Wednesday, June 30, 2010

That Grind


I feel like I haven't been completed on the music tip alot lately. I haven't been fully satisfied with a few of the mixtapes i've put out.. Mainly becuase I know I can do a million times better than that. Ever since Veeology came out, and it became clear that I wanted to rap. People been dipping their taste on my creativity. Like, I need to do more songs, spit more raps, stop all the singing, blah blah blah... It drives me fricken crazy, but I gave in.. Even tho I wasn't pleasing my own standards or fullfilling my own potential, I did it anyway. Quick lesson on music, BEATS MATTER. The beats you choose are what represents you. (style wise) Honestly, Veeology was the ONLY mixtape i'm COMPLETELY HAPPY WITH. All this other shit has been for EVERYBODY ELSE. Till now, i just remembered this is my career. My music. Nobody helps me with my music, but me. Nobody helps promote my music, but me. Nobody finds my shows, but me. Nobody edits my music, but me. So "Fuck everybody mayne, just do you. I've said before, but i'm taking control of my career and my life. I'm changing things man, and i'm changing myself. If something hurts when you do something, don't do it. Then it'll stop. I think I expect too much outta people sometimes, but i'm stopping my mistakes now. Or at least i'm doing the steps too. It's been MY fault when i've depended on people to do something. It's been MY fault when I expected them NOT to do something. I or pretty much anybody can't control anyone and it's not that I want control, it's just the little things that don't take alotta time that matter to me. I do EVERYTHING for myself, and it does get tiring, frustrating, and a bit overwhelming at times, but I chose this. NOBODY else did. So it's up to me to be the forefront of myself. This is MY LIFE. And i'm ready to be that person.

1 comment:

  1. i feel ya. just do you. i was just talking about if you was going to drop more shit like veeology.

    ReplyDelete