Thursday, February 17, 2011

Marilyn Manson Quotes

“I fear being like everyone I hate, I fear failure, I fear losing control. I love balancing between chaos and control with everything I do. I always have a fear of going one way or another, getting lost in something, or losing everything to get lost in. And I fear being a completely acceptable sheep in society."

“Is adult entertainment killing our children? or is killing our children entertaining our adults?”

“Music is the strongest form of magic.”

“We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.”

“When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?”

“Anybody intelligent enough to realize what America is, is not going to sit around and do nothing about it. They're going to be the same way that I am. They're going to be the same way our fans are. They're going to be pissed.”

“The burden of originality is one that most people don't want to accept. They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they're supposed to like, what they're supposed to buy, and what they're supposed to laugh at.”

“I view my job as being someone who is supposed to piss people off. I don't want to be just one-of-the-guys. I don't want to be just a smiling face you see on television presenting some vapid kind of easily-digestible garbage.”

Marilyn Monroe wasn't even her real name, Charles Manson isn't his real name, and now, I'm taking that to be my real name. But what's real? You can't find the truth, you just pick the lie you like the best.”

I feel like someone who I wouldn't let my own daughter fuck, and I also feel like someone who, if I was that daugther, would want to fuck more than anyone else.”

1 comment: