Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nostalgia

Man, I remember when i sucked at rap..lol. I would just play around with it, and write flows in my room for hours when I got home from school. Dudes at my high school were all tryna rap, and I just wanted to be better than them becuase they would always ask me to flow. I spit my first flow prolly in 9th grade, and one of my friends said i sounded like Kanye West. At this time, I was just a dipset head, so i didn't really know how much of a compliment that was becuase i didn't listen to Kanye like that back then, my brother did.. I was more of a Killa Cam fan. As time went by I never took rap seriously, but i would always practice. I knew I had potential is prolly why. Later that year, my brother met up with a DJ that he started recording with. And he would tell me to roll with him to the studio, and I DIDN'T even wanna rap, I would just hop on verses for my brother shit, but then they was like "yo, yo shit tight..you should do some of your own songs". So, i strayed away from it for awhile becuase I was more into basketball. But then after the basketball dream didn't work out, I started writing. I don't know why, but for a couple years I was rapping like Wayne up until 11th grade when I FINALLY snapped out of it. IO told myself, i'm better than that & it's not really me. So I stopped rapping all-together during that whole year till about the end of 12th grade. When i was bitterly alone, and confused from Love. I remember texting my cousin n telling him i'm gonna rap again, and sent him this song I had did that day. He had text me back like man that shits tight. So I put all my energy, good or bad into my music. Bullshitted for awhile, started this retail job, thought about what I was gonna do with my life then said fuck it.. Quit that job and decided to pursue music. I've came up a little since then, but it feels good to know how much i've improved in such short time. And I'm only gonna get better is the cool thing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment