Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cold War

An inspiration and a king
They won't know what I mean but this one 'bout to spring
Protect it with every feather on the wings
So even when it hurts, you'll never feel a thing

Let me clarify the chorus And what my cold war is Cause the complexity is enormous
Using one of my greatest losses with eyes like faucets To reinforce every single word that I talk with Something about losing things, human beings That reduces things to their most elementary
Find yourself where you never meant to be With the energy of memories
That's the soul force of what's behind killing me
Finding pleasure in the pains
Like finding desert in the rain Twisted: how this world can drive you masochistic
Question if I'm over it Or if I'm numb because I'm closureless
Or my closure's that we all gotta go and shit
Rendered emotionless but moving at the speed of running over it Still happy that I opened it

In the studio writing these words, one after another In memorial of my brother
As you listen to the album with Nothing on the cover I imagine that he hovers In the back of his chair Floating right there in the air Nodding his head to the music, I slightly lose it
Ask why do I put myself through this Crack a smile, look up at the file
The waveforms on the screen of me tryna tell you what I mean
But I feel that it's all lost, or maybe that it's all gotta cross Happy with his dedicated song
But now he's all gone But he was never there, cause He was everywhere, nowhere and down here Maybe on that judgement day, rise up
We'll both open our eyes up, climb up Hoping God forgives us for our tendencies
Wipes away our cool young histories.....

No comments:

Post a Comment